My life with the 3stephensboys is exciting, trying, fulfilling, entertaining, amazing, tiring, inspiring... what God made me for & what I love. Therefore, you may not see many pictures of Darrin or me, but you will get an eye full of my 3stephensboys in all of their glory, amazement and cuteness! Thanks for visiting! Enjoy!

Monday, May 12, 2008

A Wonderful Mother's Day

Yesterday was such a sweet day.

One of my favorite Mother's Days to date.

I woke early and went to prayer at church at 8:00 and stayed for the 9:00 service. The sermon was for Moms from Prov. 31, and I was encouraged and reaffirmed in the role of wife and mother that I am to my family. I was also reminded that I can not be anything like the Prov. 31 woman without fearing the Lord first! Seeking the Lord first in my life is the only way that I can pour out the love that comes from an overflow of my relationship with Him to my husband and children. It was a wonderful message that we moms and women need to hear often! I was also challenged to not make the job of mother and wife more difficult than it already is by not having the world's standards for wife and family, but making sure to keep God's standards and priorities the ones that we try to live for!

I then went home and picked up my boys to go back to church to lead in Kid's worship for the 11:00 service. When I got home to pick up the boys, they had been busy!! They had cleaned the whole house and as soon as I entered all three of them in their sweet little voices all said "Happy Mother's Day, Mom!" It was so precious. On the couch was my gift. This wonderful piece of artwork that they each had a hand in! Darrin had taped off sections for the boys. He gave them complete freedom to do what ever they wanted and whatever colors they wanted. (Even though it was difficult for him to do so!) :)

Dakota's is on the far left, Kru's on the far right and Kye would be in the middle! True to Kye form, he painted his horizontal instead of vertical, but that makes it even more special, because that is truly Kye! Do you see my red lips in Kye's? I LOVE IT!!! Darrin thinks this may be a good tradition to do every year! I think I agree!

After I cried a little and opened a card with a Starbucks card inside! :) We loaded up in the van and headed back to church. I love worship and leading kids in worship, so I had a blast. We sang great songs, heard a wonderful Bible story and made a doorhanger for Matt. 7:7.

After church, we came home and picked up Darrin and went to lunch at one of my favorites in town, Bostons! It was delicious, and then to Dairy Queen for dessert.

The afternoon was lazy, which I loved. It was a stress free day! My boys made the day special and I felt loved! Thank you to all of my Stephens' boys! I love you all so very much!

2 comments:

Whitney said...

art AND starbucks? you are one lucky mom! what a gorgeous painting! Kru-man is getting so good at painting! and Kye, did you know he drew me and him at Casa Rodriguez the other night? And that Dakota, such a stud :)

Love you! You are an AMAZING momma!

Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

Happy Mothers Day...I am glad it was so special.

Beautiful art!!