My life with the 3stephensboys is exciting, trying, fulfilling, entertaining, amazing, tiring, inspiring... what God made me for & what I love. Therefore, you may not see many pictures of Darrin or me, but you will get an eye full of my 3stephensboys in all of their glory, amazement and cuteness! Thanks for visiting! Enjoy!

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Kye is Done!

On Friday, Kye finished his Kindergarten year at Covenant Day School.
I knew I would cry, so I showed up right at Noon to pick him up.
When I walked in, everyone was in the hall taking pictures with the
teachers. I began tearing up immediately!
Yes, Darrin thinks this is weird, but I believe
it is a mom thing! Covenant was a wonderful place for Kye!
He was loved and cherished for who he was! No one tried to change the
way he is, no one compared him to anyone else. Kye was celebrated for he
is and what he CAN do! His time at Covenant was so special and sweet.
He doesn't know that,
but I do!!! And know we will truly know just how special it was,
next year in all day Kindergarten at Forest Ridge Elementary.

Kye with Mrs. Borski

Kye with Mrs. Scarmado

Kye and Zoe with Mrs. Longoria

Kye sitting in the hall with Zoe and Camille!
No one was really ready to leave!
After school, those who could met at Tanglewood Splash Pad
to eat lunch and play! It was a great way to feel as
though school wasn't really over!
Kye with Camille and Rachel waiting for the splash from the bucket!

We had some friends over for breakfast this morning, and we were
talking about change. About how we know it has to happen, but we really
don't want it to, but know that change comes. I know that we are just
transitioning into another phase of Kye's life, public school!
I have been praying and continue to do so for Kye's school life!
For the teacher's that he will get,
that they will love him for him and appreciate his strong areas;
his creativity, friendliness and love for nature and animals!

It was a bittersweet day! I'm thankful that I have the entire summer
80 some days to prepare myself for this next phase!

1 comment:

Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

God has it under control and is preparing you now...He knows better than anyone what Kye needs.

Oh and it is a mom thing...love these boys!!!