My life with the 3stephensboys is exciting, trying, fulfilling, entertaining, amazing, tiring, inspiring... what God made me for & what I love. Therefore, you may not see many pictures of Darrin or me, but you will get an eye full of my 3stephensboys in all of their glory, amazement and cuteness! Thanks for visiting! Enjoy!

Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day of Kindergarten and 6th Grade!!!!

Today was the day!!!

Kye had been counting down the days and actually woke up just fine this morning.

Dakota had been counting down the days left of "freedom." :)

We rolled out about 7:30 to drop Kye first, but of course we had to take the yearly pictures!!!




These are the classic pictures we take every year. By the front door and then in their seatbelts.

Kye walking into Forest Ridge

Kru comes along too, Dakota waited in the car!

Getting a nametag from Mrs. Birkenhoff

Putting away his backpack
Kye settled right in. Kissing and hugging us good-bye, he sat down at a table with animals to sort and didn't even blink! I'm thankful, because if he had had a tough time, I know I would have been a mess. The Lord is good and he was fine and so was I!!!

And then we took Dakota to Cypress Grove. This was old hat as this was the same school he went to last year. He was a tiny bit nervous, but you couldn't really tell. We began the day with worship and prayer and I KNOW that helped me and I think it did for him as well.

I thought of them often throughout the day, but had an inner peace about everything! God is good, because that for sure was the Lord!!! I wondered what they were doing when, how they were doing, did Kye remember his lunch pin #, is he listening, obeying, paying attention, did Dakota remember which classroom to go to next, etc... I wondered, not worried!

As 3:00 approached, I loaded up Kru and a few guests I had with me (Nichole and Ari, who I was watching for the day) and we headed back up to Kye's school. After 1 HOUR and 15 minutes in the carpool lane! No I'm NOT kidding!!!! Kye was in sight and ready to get in the van!
And then we went and got Dakota!! They were tuckered for sure! In fact, Kye said that he fell asleep during rest time on his towel at school and when we got home, he went straight up to his bed to rest. He didn't sleep, but definitely zoned out for awhile! By Friday he is going to be exhausted!!!!

The school year has begun and it's hard to believe! I am looking forward to all this year will bring and wonder how God will grow all of us this year. My prayer is that these little men would come to know Him more than they do right now, and fall more in love with Jesus everyday. That they would make friends and shine a light in their schools, to children and teachers alike, and know that knowing and loving Jesus is more important than school, grades, tests, making friends, sports, recess, pe, drama or art!

So 1 down..... how many to go!!???!! :o)

No comments: