My life with the 3stephensboys is exciting, trying, fulfilling, entertaining, amazing, tiring, inspiring... what God made me for & what I love. Therefore, you may not see many pictures of Darrin or me, but you will get an eye full of my 3stephensboys in all of their glory, amazement and cuteness! Thanks for visiting! Enjoy!

Friday, August 22, 2008

Change is a Comin'

Today is the last day of our summer "freedom." It makes me a little sad, actually, my feelings are all over the place today..... ready for the boys to get back into a routine and structure, but yet enjoying the laid back schedule of summer; loving to hear all 3 of their voices together, but yet ready for them to not fight everyday! Bittersweet!

All of this is soon to change on Monday. Kindergarten!!!!

Last night we went to Kye's new school, Forest Ridge, to meet his teacher. We dropped off his supplies, looked at his room and saw where he would have PE, Art, Music, lunch and recess. He wasn't super excited, but wasn't nervous either. He just was, if that makes sense.

Kye has gone to pre-school and even went to half/day Kindergarten last year, but all of that has been at small private schools and I guess I haven't considered it "real."

This is REAL!

This is BIG!!! Over 800 kids go to this school!

But, this is what has been decided and I have to tell you I DO have God's peace in all of this! Even Darrin said last night after meeting the teacher that he feels a lot more comfortable with it!

As we were considering other options for Kye, I have been reminded that God loves Kye way more than I do and God understands and knows Kye better than I do too!!!

I know that Kye is in God's hand and that He will be watching over Kye this year and his entire life!

I'm not tellin' ya that Monday won't be hard on this Mommy, but I know my God is faithful and I am trusting Him!!!

Don't know about you, but I don't like change! I'm thankful that Dakota is going to be at the same school so we aren't having to learn the ropes at another new school plant, that will be next year for 7th grade!

So for those of you who are experiencing change of your own....

God is the same today, yesterday and tomorrow!
God is good!
God is faithful!
And God is love!

May this new school year be filled with His peace, His love and in His will!!!

No comments: