My life with the 3stephensboys is exciting, trying, fulfilling, entertaining, amazing, tiring, inspiring... what God made me for & what I love. Therefore, you may not see many pictures of Darrin or me, but you will get an eye full of my 3stephensboys in all of their glory, amazement and cuteness! Thanks for visiting! Enjoy!

Monday, September 01, 2008

Can I really Decorate for Fall when it's so HOT!!!

Seriously!

I LOVE Fall, Indian Summer, and I LOVE decorating for Fall...

but....

It's sooooo hot, how can I think of Fall!?!

Yet, I have to tell ya....  I grew up this way.

After Labor Day...

we decorate for Fall
we put away our summer shorts and such
we pull out our sweaters and long sleeve shirts and warmer clothes
AND
we definitely STOP WEARING WHITE!!!!

This being my 3rd Fall here in Texas, I know that none of these "rules" that I grew up with in Colorado and Nebraska, apply here in The Lonestar State.  I know that we wear white here year round and shorts.  I know that I DON'T wear sweaters here, unless I'm at the beach over Spring Break!!!!

I'm not surprised any longer to see white no matter the time of year, and I allow the boys to wear shorts year round.

Here is still my issue....
 
I can not let the temperature outside dictate me decorating my house inside.  I miss the 4 seasons and last year I didn't decorate until Christmas.  It didn't make me happy.  And having beautiful oranges, reds, yellows, and browns scattered throughout my house, make me happy. So I will be venturing up into my sweltering attic and finding my Fall boxes so that I can "Fall" my house.

For those of you in places that are nearing 70s during the day and falling lower in the evenings, please take a deep breath for me!  Appreciate the scenery changing around you daily!  And capture an image in your mind for me!  I LOVE Indian Summer, which is what September is called in states like Colorado and Nebraska!  And I'm looking forward to November when it will FINALLY get a little cooler here! :)

2 comments:

Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

That is so funny, it does not seem like it has already been a WHOLE year since we were doing the "white after Labor Day" debate.

But my mom and I were just talking the other day about how when we were little we used to turn the A/C way down and put on our Little House on the Prairie clothes...yes, I am old and a geek...and we would pretend like it was winter.

So you could decorate and turn the air down and pretend it is fall!!

Kari said...

I know time flies!!!

I'm seriously thinkin' I'm going to have to do that!!!

Except me electricity bill would be even more insane than it already is, but if I get desperate enough I will have to!!!