My life with the 3stephensboys is exciting, trying, fulfilling, entertaining, amazing, tiring, inspiring... what God made me for & what I love. Therefore, you may not see many pictures of Darrin or me, but you will get an eye full of my 3stephensboys in all of their glory, amazement and cuteness! Thanks for visiting! Enjoy!

Monday, October 15, 2007

Ya'll versus Y'all


Did you know that there is a difference between the two?

It has taken a little over a year for me to figure it out, but I believe that there is a major difference, well ok maybe it's just a little difference.

My mom's family was originally from Arkansas before moving to Colorado. And she would go back in the summer to her grandmother's to visit.

I grew up with my mom using Ya'll quite often. Thus, I used the word often. In Oregon, Colorado and Nebraska, my students or youth group kids would look at me weird when I would use it, but ya'll was a part of my vocabulary influenced by my mom.

Now living in Texas, it is different. It is y'all! It sounds different, and who knows maybe it even means something different down here! I wish you could hear me say each of them to understand that I'm not mental and they really do sounds different. But for those of you who have heard them both, hopefully get it and me! :)

Have a great week, y'all!!!

1 comment:

Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

We lived in Colorado for a few years and I got made fun of terribly.
They told me one time they knew what y'all means, but what in the world does all y'all mean.
Think about it...you know you've said it!!!