My life with the 3stephensboys is exciting, trying, fulfilling, entertaining, amazing, tiring, inspiring... what God made me for & what I love. Therefore, you may not see many pictures of Darrin or me, but you will get an eye full of my 3stephensboys in all of their glory, amazement and cuteness! Thanks for visiting! Enjoy!

Friday, October 24, 2008

It Was Chilly This Morning!!!

This may not sound very exciting to you, but it thrills my soul!!!!
If I haven't said it before, this it the time of year that we get
really homesick!!!

Today, the van was left out overnight and it got chilly here!!!!
When we left this morning for school it was only 41 degrees.  
Now I understand that for some reading this, that will be closer
to your high and not your low!  But for here, that is cold!

Of course, the boys have shorts on and before lunch time it will be
almost 80, but for this morning, we had to turn the heat on in the van!
Unfortunately, the heater doesn't work very well while idling, just like 
the a.c., but by the time we hit HWY 40 cruising at 70 mph, we were 
toasty!

Oh, it makes me miss home where their high will only be 50 today!

3 comments:

Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

I turned my heater on in my house this morning...I got out of bed and it was COLD!!!!!

Whitney Swanson said...

my house has HORRIBLE insulation and no heating system, and I have woken up several times FREEZING in the night!

thank you for being so excited for brian and i! It has been SO encouraging that so many people are so thrilled and ecstatic for us...it is definitely a confirmation that this is from the Lord.

ps you said you didnt really know me that well outside of the shelter...so we should change that :)

Kari said...

Whitney!

I would LOVE that!!!

My home is open all the time!!!!

But next Saturday night, you need to come for supper!!! A bunch of girls come over every 1st Saturday night of the month after services!!!

You totally should come!!!!!