My life with the 3stephensboys is exciting, trying, fulfilling, entertaining, amazing, tiring, inspiring... what God made me for & what I love. Therefore, you may not see many pictures of Darrin or me, but you will get an eye full of my 3stephensboys in all of their glory, amazement and cuteness! Thanks for visiting! Enjoy!

Friday, October 10, 2008

A Fabulous Falcon!!!

Today, Kye got in the car with a HUGE smile on his face and this purple ribbon stuck to his shirt!
"Mom, do you know what I got today?"
"What, Babe?"
"I was a Fabulous Falcon today!!!"
"Really, what is that?"

From there it got a little fuzzy, but this is what I understand that to mean.

Every so often, a child (I'm assuming from each classroom) gets selected to be a Fabulous Falcon (Forest Ridge Falcons).  They receive a star sticker, a ribbon and a toy.  Kye chose or received a mini-flashlight necklace.  He also had his picture taken and it will hang in the hallway somewhere near the cafeteria.

"And I had to stand up in front and tell everyone my name, favorite animal, food and color."
"My favorite animal is a cheetah."
"My favorite food is oranges, and my favorite color is orange."
"Then we got our award and toy and picture."

"Kye, why did you get this ribbon today?"
"Because I listen very well and I shared everyone my smile."

"I got to wear this all day, but I lost my first one out on the playground, so they got me another one!"

Have to tell y'all that we are very proud of Kye!  After being concerned for a while for this year to happen, we have been pleased by how well he is doing!  In his Monday folder, Mrs. B remarked how well Kye listens and how he is a good example to the others in class!  

I'm hoping that that continues.  We have parent-teacher conferences on Tuesday and I will be interested in seeing how he is doing.  Just today we were talking about the crab we have in the fishtank, and I heard Kye say, cc-rrr-aaa-bbb.  

Just wanted to brag a bit on our Kye-Kye!

WAY TO GO BUB!!!!!

1 comment:

Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

Way to go Kye!!

I love that you listened and shared your smile.

Have a great day off today and I can't wait for you to come play with Alex soon.

Ms. Kathryn