My life with the 3stephensboys is exciting, trying, fulfilling, entertaining, amazing, tiring, inspiring... what God made me for & what I love. Therefore, you may not see many pictures of Darrin or me, but you will get an eye full of my 3stephensboys in all of their glory, amazement and cuteness! Thanks for visiting! Enjoy!

Friday, July 04, 2008

New Traditions for the Stephens Family!!

Happy 4th of July!!!

I had to post today to let you know that we Stephens are breaking new ground and beginning new traditions for our family!!!!

Darrin and I have been married 13 1/2 years! In all of those years, we have NEVER lived anywhere for 3 Julys. Meaning we move so often that the longest we have been anywhere was 2 Julys, 2 years.

This weekend will begin our 3rd year here in College Station!

Amazing!!!

We have never experienced this before!

I am thankful that we are breaking old tradition of moving every 1-2 years and that we are still in College Station! Can you even believe I just said that?!?

Well, I did!

It surprises me too, at times!

Our first July 4 here in TX, we were hot, sweaty and moving into a duplex not knowing a soul in town.

Last year, we headed over to the George Bush Library for live music, free food and fireworks with our friends the Seijos.

This year we will attend the celebration at the library again with the Seijos, and friends from church.

What a difference and year made and what a major difference 2 years has made!

So we are looking forward to our 3rd year here in College Station and all that the Lord has planned for us as a family!

2 comments:

Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

I am glad that you are still in College Station and we had fun tonight at the fireworks!!

Whitney said...

If you had left college station...i'm just not going to finish that thought. i love you.

check out my pics on my blog!