My life with the 3stephensboys is exciting, trying, fulfilling, entertaining, amazing, tiring, inspiring... what God made me for & what I love. Therefore, you may not see many pictures of Darrin or me, but you will get an eye full of my 3stephensboys in all of their glory, amazement and cuteness! Thanks for visiting! Enjoy!

Monday, July 14, 2008

A First!

Dakota is going to Pre-Teen Camp this week! He has never been to camp before, so this will be a first for him!

Leaving on Wednesday and returning on Sunday, he is off for a wonderful adventure! He is very excited about going! Almost giddy! (which makes me happy!) Sometimes kids aren't so looking forward to going to camp!!

The bonus, well I think it's a bonus, is that I get to go too! Each church who goes to camp brings their own counselors to stay with their own kids! So I'm going as one of the female counselors. I'm really excited too! I haven't been to camp since I was 19 and got my front teeth knocked out! So I'm ready to GO!

Dakota is cool with me going, don't know if he would admit it, but I think he feels even better about going because I will be there! Because I work in Children's Worship, I know the kids who are going and I look forward to getting even closer to them!

We are going to Trinity Pines. Dakota is planning on doing the ropes course and rock wall. I will post afterward about the grand time that we had at camp. I hope to have a few pictures as well.

I know I have said before, but it is worth mentioning again. What a bizarre moment when your children come to an event that you as the parent remember so well from your own childhood, and to now experience it as a parent, surreal!!!

I pray that Dakota will come to know the Lord more intimately because of camp and grow in his relationship with his Saviour. I know we will meet with Jesus while we are there and I pray that we all will be sensitive to His voice!

1 comment:

Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

I am praying that for all these children, Michael as well. I can't believe my baby is going to pre teen camp.

Y'all are going to have so much fun.

I can't wait to hear all about it...pray I don't cry in front of Michael on Wednesday!!!