My life with the 3stephensboys is exciting, trying, fulfilling, entertaining, amazing, tiring, inspiring... what God made me for & what I love. Therefore, you may not see many pictures of Darrin or me, but you will get an eye full of my 3stephensboys in all of their glory, amazement and cuteness! Thanks for visiting! Enjoy!

Friday, July 25, 2008

Living Hope's Pre-Teen Camp

Hello Everyone!

We are back, after being gone for a while. It has taken me all week to re-coop and try to get back to normal, but wanted to write about pre-teen camp and share some pictures of our trip. We took about 30 kids up to Trinity Pines camp in Trinity, Texas.

It really was another bizarre experience going to camp as a parent sponsor. And it was way different than when I went to camp as a kid, but it was so good!!! It was neat for me to get to know some of Dakota's friends from church better and I got to know the girls and women sponsors better too!

The drive up to camp was only about 1 1/2 hours. I was blessed to be riding with my friend Cindy. We had Dakota, Connor and Payton in the truck with us. We blasted KidShine music the whole way there. Hearing kids singing praises to Jesus just touches me so.

We arrived to the camp and soon found our way to our churches dorm. Boys on one side and girls on the other. The common meeting room in the middle is where we had devotions at night and just hung out together.

It was an amazing, emotional, tiring week. We all met with the Lord while we were there! Friday night, the Holy Spirit fell on our kids like I have not seen in a while. Several of our kids had some conviction fall and 2 accepted Christ!!! Hallelujah!!! Others prayed for family, friends and I even witnessed one of our 6th graders praying over another 6th grader!! IT BLEW ME AWAY!!! I witnessed a church body with our children!

I was there crying with kids who were scared of the rock wall! I was there cheering those on who were afraid to go any higher! We cheered and yelled for those who made it to the top, across the ropes and down the zip line! And not once, NOT ONCE, did any of our kids make fun of those who couldn't make it up the rock wall!!! Instead, I witnessed encouragement and compassion and understanding towards those who didn't make the climb! It was FABULOUS!!!

We swam everyday, played dodgeball, played crazy games, put-putted, did kareoke, blobbed, canoed, worshiped and danced for the Lord, heard the Gospel, participated in a really cool candle light service on the lake front, played in the mega-relay-race, sweated more than I have in forever, played OMC, had a campfire in 90 degree heat to eat smores, laughed so hard my sides ached, met some wonderful people and got to know others better, met with Jesus!!!

And yes, Nichole, how could I forget the food! Actually it wasn't all that bad! Really, but you will hear a different story from some of the campers!!! :) But what was the BEST! Was that for 5 days I ate food that I didn't have to make and then I simply dropped off my tray and didn't have to clean up!!! Thank you camp staff! It was great!!! And I was well fed! And they had coffee every morning!!!

It was great! Like I said I finally feel recovered, but I would do it again tomorrow!! Below are a ton of pictures! Maybe even of a few of you who read this blog, don't know!?!

I had a blast and grew to love these kids even more than I did before! I can't wait to go next year.... well that's if Dakota and Howard will let me!!!

I hope you enjoy the pictures.
The girl sponsors: Crystal, Nichole, Mary
and Cindy!!!
The boys' room
Hannah, Sydni, Jalie and Megan!
McKenzie, Tristan and McKenzie
At the Pool!
On the way back from the pool!
And can I just tell ya - since we are talking about the pool!
What happens to 3 swimming suits when one wets them
and puts them in the freezer????
They become a swimsuit brick!!!
How do I know this???
Friday morning I awoke to my suit missing...
After looking for it for a while, we found it and Cindy's suit
and Mary's suit, in the freezer!!! along with a note that said...
"Thanks for keeping us up all night!"
Oh the prankster!!!!!!

Put-Putting with Tyler and Dakota!

Dakota, Ariana and Noah


The rest of the pictures are of out time at the ropes course/zip line!
We have some brave kiddos is all I can say!
Hannah & Sydni!
Tyler!
Crystal & TyWashoney!
Michael!
Nate!
Payton!
Jalie!
Josh!!!! Yeah he's 5!oops, sorry Josh is 6!!! My bad
Miss Mary tried hard!!!
Megan!
Miss Crystal
Dakota!
Diamond!
Ana and Anika! Yep, she did the zip line!
She's 5!!!
Connor!
It was great and I'm so thankful and blessed that I got to go!

2 comments:

Nichole said...

yayyy camp! I want to go back.. I didn't want to leave! You didn't mention the amazing camp food!

Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

It has been so sweet to hear the stories and to see evidence that Jesus worked in Michael's heart and now an added bonus of the pictures...thank you!!