My life with the 3stephensboys is exciting, trying, fulfilling, entertaining, amazing, tiring, inspiring... what God made me for & what I love. Therefore, you may not see many pictures of Darrin or me, but you will get an eye full of my 3stephensboys in all of their glory, amazement and cuteness! Thanks for visiting! Enjoy!

Monday, June 30, 2008

Understanding the Quick & the Hungry!!!!


Not sure if you were like Darrin and I growing up, but we both heard the stories from our father's about growing up in a full house. I don't necessarily think of our house as a "full" house, but tonight at supper, I understood our father's stories.

"In our house, there was the quick and the hungry!"

In a very real way, this was lived out at our table tonight!

I know I have mentioned that my boys can eat a ton, one more than the others, but tonight all 3 of their appetites was HUGE!!!!

There was some tasty pasta that everyone enjoyed. Kye had asked for seconds and so had Kru, when Dakota realized that there wasn't a whole lot of pasta left. He quickly poured the rest on his plate making the statement, "I better get some before Kye gets the rest!"

Darrin and I just looked at each other and almost simultaneously it hit us!

We understood our fathers!! :)

1 comment:

Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

Oh my goodness...Michael can eat his weight in food and all of a sudden Alex is having a growth spurt!!
I understand.