My life with the 3stephensboys is exciting, trying, fulfilling, entertaining, amazing, tiring, inspiring... what God made me for & what I love. Therefore, you may not see many pictures of Darrin or me, but you will get an eye full of my 3stephensboys in all of their glory, amazement and cuteness! Thanks for visiting! Enjoy!

Friday, August 28, 2009

My Middle Schooler!!!

Monday, Dakota started 7th grade!!!
He didn't want me to take pictures, but
I told him that wasn't his choice!
Here are the traditional poses of Dakota!
(in front of door & in the car)
Starting at a new campus always brings new nerves!
But Dakota was brave and walked in with his head high!
I quickly, tried to get the pictures of him walking into the building,
but he didn't want me to embarrass him, so I had to be subtle.
He's in the crowd up towards the front!

So where is his picture after school???
Football practice began the very first day of school.
So I didn't even pick him up until 5:00!
By that time, I completely forgot, but oh man...
I wish I had taken one! You should have seen him!!!

He came out bright red faced!
Hair drenched with sweat!
Walking in barefeet!
Looking exhausted!
It would have made a great picture for his scrapbook!

All in all he had a good first day!
He found where all of his classes were,
and most importantly...
survived football practice!

Later that night,
we surprised Dakota with a cell phone
of his very own!
(thanks to Papa, Uncle and ShelShel)
We put it in the back pocket of the seat in the car.
Then I called it!
"What is that?" me
"Oh no you didn't?!!!" Dakota
Do you think he was surprised???
Can ya tell if he likes it?
I haven't seen him this happy and excited about
something in... I can't remember when!
Maybe when Uncle and ShelShel surprised him in Lincoln?!
He loves it!!!
It's hard to believe that my firstborn baby is
a 7th grader! He is growing taller and taller!
He is not a little kid no more! :O(
But he is a terrific teenager! (well almost) ;O)
Polite, obedient, honest, loving, and handsome,
He is my Dakota!!!

No comments: